This is a rolling post about the latest rumours and theories around NBA Top Shot. Rumours will be archived 14 days after confirmation. Nothing on this post should be considered trading advice or recommendations of any kind. Please collect and trade at your own risk.
Last updated March 28, 2:19pm PDT
Want The First Mint in your inbox? Subscribe here
New information was released in Office Hours on March 26, 2021. Check it out here.
BASE DROP NEXT WEEK
It was mentioned in office hours that there could be a drop the week of March 29th. Could this be another large pre-order? Could it be similar to Release 21 which saw over 180,000 Pre-Order packs delivered to Collectors?
There are over 1,200,000 Moments currently minted but not yet put into packs from the Series 2 Base Set, some of which have 35,000 mint counts. Many of them date back to late January and early February (in terms of the date of the play).
When will they come out?
METALLIC GOLD CHALLENGE #21, #22, #23
The next Challenge Rewards in the MGLE (Metallic Gold Limited Edition) Series 2 Set will *POTENTIALLY* be:
- Challenge #21: Devin Booker
- Victor Oladipo
- Trae Young
- Russell Westbrook
- Jrue Holiday
- Jayson Tatum
- Ja Morant
- Harrison Barnes
- Collin Sexton
- Anthony Davis
- Link to all of them
And followed by:
- Challenge #22: Christian Wood
- Challenge #23: Kawhi Leonard
We have the list of MGLE 2 Moments needed for Wood + Kawhi, but not specifically which are needed for the individual challenges. The Moments are:
- Keldon Johnson
- Carmelo Anthony
- Ben Simmons
- Anthony Edwards
- Markelle Fultz
- Darius Bazley
- Mitchell Robinson
- Zion Williamson
- Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Jimmy Butler
- Dillon Brooks
- Myles Turner
- Steph Curry
- Bol Bol
- Andre Drummond
- Tomáš Satoranský
- Miles Bridges
- Bogdan Bogdanović
HOLO ICON CHALLENGE #3 JOKIC
The next HOLO ICON Challenge will be released any day now. It will be for a Nikola Jokic Reward. The Moments needed will be the remaining HOLO Moments that were not used during the Challenge #1 (Trae Young) and Challenge #2 (James Harden).
COOL CATS CHALLENGE
Cool Cats Master Challenge MAJOR Twist [MARCH 24, 2021]:
This is a HOT one. Some have circulated the idea the last few days that once Cool Cats 3 and Cool Cats 4 are done, collectors will be left with 25 of the required 29 moments for the Lamelo Ball Master Challenge. Where are the other four moments going to come from?
Well, rumour has it that TopShot could be rewarding collectors who completed all 4 parts of the Master Challenge the organic way (prior to the buzzer expiring instead of buying on the Marketplace afterwards) with 4 special edition Cool Cats moments.
These moments would only be minted and handed out to collectors who finished all four parts within the Challenge rules. If true, these 4 moments would become the “bottlenecks” of the Master Challenge and would certainly be minted much much lower than Cool Cats Luka at 3464. Spicy!
*** ADDENDUM MARCH 28, 2021: An earlier version of this post referred to this rumour being based on “insider” information. We have removed this term to avoid confusion. ***
The first Seeing Stars Challenge is already underway, and the Reward is Kevin Durant. The somewhat related “Welcome to the All-Star Family” Challenge with Reward Mike Conley is active, but unrelated. On March 16, a message appeared during a stress test confirming the Lebron challenge requirements. This will include Anthony Davis, who was NOT on Lebron’s team.
- Seeing Stars Moments needed for Lebron Seeing Stars Challenge:
- Giannis, Curry, Doncic, Jokic, Brown, Paul George, Gobert, Lillard, Chris Paul, Sabonis, Simmons, Anthony Davis
- Players NOT Needed:
- All of the Kevin Durant Challenge Moments, and the Mike Conley Reward Moment
RISING STARS CHALLENGE FOR ZION
The first Rising Stars Challenge is currently running and the Reward is a rare Anthony Edwards Rising Star dunk. Yes, that dunk. It is relatively safe to assume that the next Challenge will be for Zion and that the remaining Rising Stars Moments unused in the Edwards challenge will be required.
- Rising Stars Moments needed for Challenge:
- Haliburton, Morant, Herro, Barrett, Michael Porter Jr., Theo Maledon, Achiuwa, Avdija, Nickeil Alexander Walker
- Players NOT Needed:
- All of the Anthony Edwards Challenge Moments (it is unlikely that this will be a Master Challenge)
*NEW* RUN IT BACK SET
Another Run It Back set has been confirmed, but the timeline and players involved have not been clarified. The timeline is still TBD.
- Players in the set:
- Shaq, Allen Iverson, Tracy McGrady (and more)
- It will be ONE year between the 2005-2010 Season.
- Release Date: Spring 2021
- Set Type: Rare
COOL CATS MASTER CHALLENGE
The Cool Cats Master Challenge is a confirmed challenge that has not yet been posted live to the site. It will require 29 moments from Cool Cats set, many of which have yet to be revealed.
- Reward: Lamelo Ball
- “This Master Challenge will require collecting each Cool Cats Moment from the set (including the challenge rewards from each preceding Cool Cats challenge.) However, there will not be a need to hold onto the Base Set Moments from each Cool Cats challenge in order to pursue the Master Challenge Reward.” [Dapper Blog]
BOGDAN BOGDANOVIC EURO PROMO
Bogdan Bogdanovich has a confirmed paid partnership with NBA Top Shot, and will be doing a European-based promotion in the coming week and/or month.
These are a random list of rumours and whispers from around the community. Some may have real sources, others may not.
- There will be a LaMelo Ball Legendary Moment at some point in Series 2
- The Beta will end by the time the 2020-21 NBA Playoffs begin
- ***UPDATED ON MARCH 27TH @ 5:07PM PDT***: The new timeline given by the Top Shot team is *6 MONTHS*
- There will be another “The Gift” Set