Want The First Mint in your inbox? Subscribe here.
The Lamelo Ball Master Challenge, also known as the Cool Cats Master Challenge (they are the same thing), is a months-long affair that is difficult to comprehend and even harder to achieve.
But it can be understood.
And it can be conquered.
This post will break down the most common questions and answers for the challenge.
WHAT IS A MASTER CHALLENGE
A Master Challenge is where you need a combination of many different types of moments to earn one “special” moment. So whereas the “regular” challenges posted on NBA Top Shot require a handful or maybe a dozen moments to complete (such as “The Gift Challenge” or “MGLE Challenge 17”), the Cool Cat Master Challenge will require upwards of 29 moments to accomplish.
WHERE CAN I SEE THE COOL CAT LAMELO MASTER CHALLENGE?
You can’t. Not yet. It is not yet “active” because the moments needed to finish it are not fully released yet. In fact they are less than 50% out there now (as of this writing). It will likely be activated towards the end of March once all required moments are available in the market
What Moments are needed for Lamelo?
There are x29 total moments needed for the Lamelo challenge reward. Here is a breakdown of each one and how to obtain it:
- Cool Cats from Challenge #1 (Jan-Feb 2021)
- Rui Hachimura
- Devin Booker
- John Collins
- Tobias Harris
- Derrick Jones Jr.
- Luka Doncic (REWARD)
- Cool Cats from Challenge #2 (Feb 2021)
- Julius Randle
- Demarcus Cousins
- Tyler Herro
- P.J. Washington
- John Wall
- Anthony Davis (REWARD)
- Cool Cats from Challenge #3 (March 2021)
- Kristaps Porzingis
- Domantas Sabonis
- Goran Dragic
- RJ Barrett
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- Nikola Jokic (REWARD)
- Cool Cats from Challenge #4 (April 2021)
- Chris Paul
- Jrue Holiday
- Christian Wood
- Gordon Hayward
- Bogdan Bogdanović
- Russell Westbrook (REWARD)
- 1x Karl Anthony Towns CryptoKittie Moment (March 2021)
- This moment was distributed to CryptoKittie owners retroactively. It is available in the marketplace.
- Cool Cats from Challenge #5 + #6 (April 2021)
- These were Common Moments Challenge, as in all the Moments Required were from the Base Common Set and NOT Cool Cats.
- Challenge #5: Fred Van Vleet (REWARD)
- Challenge #6: Zach Lavine (REWARD)
- Showcase Quest (May 2021)
- Awarded to those who completed the Showcase Quest
- Reward: Ben Simmons
- Final Moment: Steph Curry Celebration
- Awarded to those who held 2x Cool Cats Moments and Completed a Challenge prior to 10:45am PT on May 19, 2021
- Reward: Steph Curry
WHAT ABOUT THE COMMON MOMENTS NEEDED IN THE CHALLENGES?
Each of the Cool Cats Challenges also require 5x regular Common Moments to complete. These moments are NOT needed to obtain Lamelo, they are only needed to obtain rewards like Anthony Davis and Luka Doncic.
We do not know in advance what these Moments will be. However, TheReelPhilD has predicted that the Common Moments needed will likely be players who went to College with a “cat” theme. Check out his tweet here.
CAN I GET THE LAMELO EVEN IF I DON’T COMPLETE THE OTHER COOL CAT CHALLENGES?
Yes, you can. The only requirement for the Lamelo Challenge will be to hold all 29 require Moments at the timer expires. You do not need to anything else.